Early in your recruiting process you will find that different coaches are asking you similar questions. They want to know how tall, strong, and fast you are and what you are doing academically. A great resource to save you time is to create a Player Profile.
Your Player Profile should include:
- Contact Information: Name, Address, Phone, Email, Parent or Guardian.
- Scholastic Information: High School (Address & Phone), GPA, Test Scores (PSAT, SAT, ACT), Honors Classes taken, AP Classes taken, Academic Awards and Honors, Extracurricular involvement, Clearinghouse Registration.
- Athletic History: Honors and Awards achieved.
- Statistical Data: 40 yard dash time, Vertical leap, Pop-Time, etc.
- Season Averages: Include at least two years.
- Add any Club or Travel team information. College recruiters might have gone to an event or be planning on attending an event that you will be participating in.
- Include Contact Information for your High School and Club Coaches.
- Include Contact Information for Professional Scouts that have shown an interest in you.
You should also include a cover letter/paragraph that summarizes your baseball and scholastic goals.
We have formatted a Player Profile Template for you to use.